Registration and Wiki User Groups
User accounts are shared between the GoldSim Forum and the GoldSim Wiki. As a Guest (without registration), you can read any page within the GoldSim Wiki or the GoldSim Forum, but to participate in editing pages and sharing information with other users, you must become a Registered User.
You can create a user account from the Forum Registration page
. After you fill in the form and submit, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Please open the email and verify your account. Now you are ready to log in.
At the top of every GoldSim Wiki page, there is a tab that tells you your status and which Namespace you are in. If you have not logged in yet, you should see "Welcome Guest" and a login link next to the Namespace dropdown box.
GoldSim Wiki User Groups
If you have not registered or logged in, you are a Guest
. As a Guest, you may:
- Read Wiki pages
- Read Wiki Discussion pages
- Download attachments
- Read Forum pages
If you have created an account and have logged into the GoldSim Wiki, you are a Registered User
. As a Registered User, in addition to permissions given to a Guest, you may also:
- Create and modify Wiki pages (except several special pages, such as the Main page, which are blocked from editing)
- Post comments for Wiki Discussion pages
- Create and add Categories to Wiki Pages
- Poste comments to Forum pages
If you are a Certified User
, in addition to permissions given to a Registered User, you may:
- Upload attachments (to Wiki and Forum pages)
To become a Certified Wiki User, please email GoldSim Technology Group
with the following information:
- Your name
- your username for the GoldSim Wiki and Forums
- email address
- phone number
- The type of GoldSim license you are using (i.e., Academic, Evaluation, Research, Commercial).