Saving Temporary Files to a Different Partition
On your machine you have a boot partition that has limited space. You wish to save GoldSim's temporary files to a different partition on your system.
The default behavior for the saving of temporary files is as follows:
- Check to see if the environment variable TMP is defined. If it isn't, check for the existence of the TEMP variable or the USERPROFILE variable. If none of these exist, use the Windows system variable (C:\Windows).
- Check to see if the disk has enough space for all time history results in the model, if the results are placed in the directory from step 1) (TMP, TEMP, USERPROFILE, or C:\Windows). If there is enough space, write the temporary time history result file there.
- If there is not enough space on the disk where the temp directory is located, try to place the time history results in the same directory as the model file.
- If there is not enough space in the disk where the model file is located, try to place the time history result files in the directory specified by the "TempFolder" registry setting.
- If there is not enough space in the "TempFolder" directory (or the registry value is not specified), prompt the user for a directory where the temporary time history result files can be stored.
To save the temporary files to a different partition you can set the TMP variable to the desired location from the command line, then start GoldSim from the command line. To do this open a command prompt, then type:
SET TMP = <desired temporary file path (must be on the local machine)>
You can then start GoldSim from the command line and the temporary files will be saved at that location.