Welcome to the GoldSim Wiki!
The GoldSim Wiki is the online user-supported resource database for GoldSim
, hosted by the GoldSim Technology Group (GTG). The purpose of the GoldSim Wiki is to provide modeling resources for GoldSim users. Although GTG actively supports, contributes to, and moderates the Wiki, it is intended to provide a mechanism for users to share their knowledge and ideas with each other. Therefore, we strongly encourage everyone to participate.
If you are interested in contributing a model to the Wiki Model Library, please refer to How to Post a Model
If you are interested in contributing an article to the Wiki Knowledge Base, please refer to How to Post a Knowledge Base Article
If this is the first time you are visiting the GoldSim Wiki, please read about the GoldSim Wiki
first. You may also be interested in reading Navigating the GoldSim Wiki
or Registration and Wiki User Groups
GoldSim Model Library
- Creating a Dashboard-Specified Discrete Distribution:This model illustrates how an arbitrary discrete distribution can be specified by entering values and probabilities in a dashboard. This cannot otherwise be done using a discrete distribution Stochastic Element
- Lake Biogeochemical Food Web Model: This is a nutrients, phytoplankton, and zooplankton model with dissolved oxygen dynamics for a vertically stratified lake system with river inputs.
- Muskingum Channel Routing: This model does Muskingum channel routing, as it is implemented in the Soil Water Assessment Tool model by Texas A& M. It is the simplest form of kinematic wave routing for streamflows.
- Pumped Flow with Pump Curve: This model demonstrates the calculation of flow rate through a pump given a pump operating curve and required head upstream of the pump. To solve this problem through iteration, a Script element is used to do a binary search to converge on the solution of pumped flow.
- Time Varying Water Demand: This model defines water usage patters and apply them to a base demand rate to simulate time-varying demands for a water system.
- Hydropower Revenue Optimization: This model demonstrates the optimization tool in GoldSim using a simple reservoir and hydropower model. The objective function is to maximize net revenues made from hydropower generation by modifying key components of the system.
>>Look at More Models
Categories Engineering Risk and Reliability General Interest GoldSim Element GoldSim Version GoldSim Wiki Help Icons and Images User Conference Water Resources